As a REALTOR ® I’m always asked, “why does the medical profession from University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) love living in Stapleton?“ I’ve been a resident of this great northeast Denver community for over a decade. The community has grown into smaller neighborhoods, home property values have climbed and it no longer feels like a construction zone. I constantly hear from medical students, nurses, PA’s, residents, fellows, doctors and professors the following top 5 reasons they love Stapleton’s Lifestyle
1. LOCATION - You’ve just had the longest shift at the hospital and don’t want to drive across town in traffic. Instead head west a few short miles and pull into your garage and start to unwind. The commute fits easily within the on-call 30 min window. The Eastbridge and Bluff Lake neighborhoods are even shorter 10 minute drives. Finally being 20 minutes from the airport is a nice bonus.
2. FOOD and DRINK - No time to cook? Stanley Marketplace, Northfield, Quebec and Colfax all have ethnic cuisines to satisfy any appetite. Call in your order and pick it up dinner on your way home. Denver is also ranked #2 as Best Beer Cities in the US. Enjoy a Colorado craft beer at Station 26 Brewing, Cheluna or a nearby local restaurant.
3. COLORADO LIFESTYLE – You’ve worked hard, now get out and play hard. The Stapleton community surrounds the 80-acre Central Park and Recreation Center, which provides a wide range of activities. Nearby open spaces, trails, and bike paths are a great way to enjoy the outdoors. A hidden gem is Bluff Lake Nature Center which can quickly take you back to nature. Stapleton has great schools but if your little ones are on vacation many community small businesses are kid focused. Daycares, gymnastics, rock climbing, music, dance, sports, swim school, science camps all activities they can continue to explore. Best of all is driving west on Interstate 70 into the Rocky Mountains for all your mountain sports.
4. TRANSPORTATION – The city’s traffic has gotten worse but with all these options you’ll still be able to find a smooth commute home. Train stations at Fitzsimons and Colfax offer riders access to AMC campus. Buses and bike paths are possible alternatives to driving the highways and side streets. Walk Score
5. HOMES - Whichever stage you’re in the medical career there is something that can fit your lifestyle and budget. Everything between a 600 square foot condo to a 4000 square foot mansion ($300,000 - $2.0M). Each home is an Energy Star certified homes and can be your canvas to the hottest HGTV and Pinterest trends.
Mahalo for taking the time to read my blog. If you would like more information or have additional questions about Stapleton contact me or give me a call. 303-378-2730. ALOHA - Jaryd
Infinity Home Collection
UChealth and University of Colorado Hospital